Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Go down

Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by PhObOs on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 am

Firefox help
Here's something for broadband people that will really speed Firefox up:

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

network.http.pipelining
network.http.proxy.pipelining
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests " to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0".This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.

Actually nabasa rapud nq ni... I hope it will help..
avatar
PhObOs
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 128
Age : 29
Name : Jefferrson Ramos
Year Level : 4th year
Location : [C][E][B][U] [C][I][T][Y]
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 10

View user profile http://www.team-sk.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 am

PhObOs wrote:Firefox help
Here's something for broadband people that will really speed Firefox up:

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

network.http.pipelining
network.http.proxy.pipelining
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests " to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0".This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.

Actually nabasa rapud nq ni... I hope it will help..



tambag nako sa tanan

ug wa mo kasabot

ug d mo kabalo

yaw nalng jud

firefox is a browser

and browser is for surfing

yaw nalng mo paghilabot para way probz sa future

but its also gud

experiment ba pero didto buhata sa internet cafe

bhalag maguba d man imoha

"nagbayad bitaw ka"

avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by PhObOs on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 am

LOL...

D maguba oe... ana mn gne ako settings... dugay nq gamit ana nga settings...

den actually sa firefox pd ko na xa nakit.an .

effective man.. Very Happy
avatar
PhObOs
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 128
Age : 29
Name : Jefferrson Ramos
Year Level : 4th year
Location : [C][E][B][U] [C][I][T][Y]
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 10

View user profile http://www.team-sk.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:48 am

PhObOs wrote:LOL...

D maguba oe... ana mn gne ako settings... dugay nq gamit ana nga settings...

den actually sa firefox pd ko na xa nakit.an .

effective man.. Very Happy

daghan paman gani na

naa pa 2 xang mag bypass soon so fort

pero lisod na para sa d kbalo

we dont know the risk, the disadvantage... kapoy rba format


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by PhObOs on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:54 am

Well...

Opinion na nmo pero pra sa ako wala xa disadvantage... Laughing
avatar
PhObOs
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 128
Age : 29
Name : Jefferrson Ramos
Year Level : 4th year
Location : [C][E][B][U] [C][I][T][Y]
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 10

View user profile http://www.team-sk.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:21 am


mao sad

warning lang na


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by dark_avenger on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 pm


Firefox is known to have more protections from viruses and malwares compared to Internet Explorer. A lot of people would suggest to use Firefox than IE. Some scripts are not running in IE only in Firefox. I've personally tried it. But right now im using IE (for some personal reasons). Smile

You can download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox at:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

dark_avenger
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 111
Age : 31
Name : Edward
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:49 am

dark_avenger wrote:
Firefox is known to have more protections from viruses and malwares compared to Internet Explorer. A lot of people would suggest to use Firefox than IE. Some scripts are not running in IE only in Firefox. I've personally tried it. But right now im using IE (for some personal reasons). Smile

You can download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox at:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/


para nako prefer jd yg MF

personalize man jud nya maka edit kag some codes nya free pajud nya daghay add-ons


avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by Wingedge on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:59 am

You know why it is called "speeding up firefox"... dili mana actually gi paspas imong connection or anything...

Firefox just looks at a link, goes to that link and caches the pages/images in advance... that is why mura siya paspas inig click nimo kay naka cache nana siya... meaning naka visit naka ana nga page (although wa pa nimo gi click).

Disadvantage part is, if the page contains a virus file then that file is also cached... good thing about firefox is that the file being cached are renamed... and stripped of their extension. Whereas kon internet explorer na siya.. ang file nga gi cache as is jud... kun exe na...exe file jud na siya
avatar
Wingedge
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 77
Age : 34
Name : Sir Francis
Year Level : Instructor
Location : UC
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Credits
GP: 9999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:09 am

Wingedge wrote:You know why it is called "speeding up firefox"... dili mana actually gi paspas imong connection or anything...

Firefox just looks at a link, goes to that link and caches the pages/images in advance... that is why mura siya paspas inig click nimo kay naka cache nana siya... meaning naka visit naka ana nga page (although wa pa nimo gi click).

Disadvantage part is, if the page contains a virus file then that file is also cached... good thing about firefox is that the file being cached are renamed... and stripped of their extension. Whereas kon internet explorer na siya.. ang file nga gi cache as is jud... kun exe na...exe file jud na siya

mao jud

naa na xay copya daan

ako ganing d pa ka ka click open na(joke)

btaw sites like friendster, this site etc. paspas man

avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by rhodem24 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:28 am

ok ni siya oi. dli ni makaguba... since last month nako ni na configure akng Firefox...

nya download nlang pud mo og FasterFox. hehehe.
avatar
rhodem24
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 141
Age : 29
Name : Rhodem R. Capilla
Year Level : 4th Year
Location : C:/WINDOWS/system32
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://www.rhodemcapilla.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by wINdhEl on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:43 am

*thumbs up

dli lang ko musuway.. ahahaha
satisfied nako ani, keysa IE..
avatar
wINdhEl
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 118
Age : 30
Name : Windhel G. Palen
Year Level : 4th Year
Location : Cebu
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:09 am

wINdhEl wrote:*thumbs up

dli lang ko musuway.. ahahaha
satisfied nako ani, keysa IE..

prehas ta

avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by dark_avenger on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:05 am


now im using firefox. hehehe. anyways, i've read info's bout it. comparison with IE. pretty convincing.

dark_avenger
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 111
Age : 31
Name : Edward
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:18 pm


nindot sad sa my computer of my documents ka mag browse

labi nag kapuyan ka
avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by dark_avenger on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:53 am

tradians wrote:
nindot sad sa my computer of my documents ka mag browse

labi nag kapuyan ka

bitaw2x...para wa nay hasol mag-open2x ug browser...hehehe...

dark_avenger
flash newbie
flash newbie

Male
Number of posts : 111
Age : 31
Name : Edward
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by ibleed on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:30 am

wINdhEl wrote:*thumbs up

dli lang ko musuway.. ahahaha
satisfied nako ani, keysa IE..


pareha ta..hehhe
avatar
ibleed
flash newbie
flash newbie

Female
Number of posts : 347
Age : 30
Name : ibleed
Location : cebu city
Registration date : 2008-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:34 am

ibleed21 go with the flow~
avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by ibleed on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:10 am

tradians wrote:ibleed21 go with the flow~

yeah like river...
avatar
ibleed
flash newbie
flash newbie

Female
Number of posts : 347
Age : 30
Name : ibleed
Location : cebu city
Registration date : 2008-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by tradians on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:49 am

as the river flows~
avatar
tradians
flash rookie
flash rookie

Male
Number of posts : 583
Age : 29
Name : Carl Frances Morano Diaman
Location : In the Middle of Nowhere
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Credits
GP: 30

View user profile http://icsforum.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Speeding Up Your Mozilla Firefox

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum